WHO WE ARE
Youth for Development and Productivity (YODEP) is a child and youth focussed non-profit making Organization established in the year 1998 in order to respond to the plight of the Malawian children and youth who live and grow in high risk environments plagued by poverty, ignorance, malnutrition and high rates of communicable diseases.
YODEP exist to create an environment where children and young people in Malawi live to their full potential through Early childhood Development, Basic Education, improved livelihood, Sexual and Reproductive Health initiatives, skills building, health, human rights and humanitarian support.
A Malawian society where citizens are healthy, literate, self-reliant, and free from abject poverty and hopelessness.
- To create a conducive environment for children and young people to access quality education.
- To improve food self-sufficiency and income levels among poor households.
- To ensure healthy wellbeing among children and youths.
- To ensure that Gender, Human Rights, Disability, Governance and Social Accountability are mainstreamed in all the five key strategic areas of operations of YODEP
- To ensure that children, youth and communities affected by natural disasters are timely assisted and that the poorest of our societies removed from circumstances of hopelessness